*BAIL RELEASE INFORMATION*
MONDAY through FRIDAY 4:30 PM
SATURDAY & SUNDAY 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM
(Due to COVID 19, WCC bails will be conducted electronically at this time. To initiate the process, please contact the WCC Intake Department at 413-730-6843.)
Release of Inmates on Bail
- Supervisors will conduct a release review to see if the inmate has any other legal holds.
- The Supervisor will notify the depositor that the inmate will not be released if an additional legal hold exists; and, informs the depositor of the bail amount and the Bail Clerk’s fee. Intake staff or the Supervisor reads the inmate’s mittimus to determine the bail amount and informs the Public Lobby Officer of the bail amount and the Bail Clerk’s fee and if the inmate has a warrant, detainer or other holds, to determine if depositor still wishes to post the bail.
- The depositor is informed that only cash or a cashier’s check for amounts of $10,000 or more (depending on the Bail clerk assigned) is accepted and that a personal check or a money order is not accepted.
- The Intake Supervisor reviews with the Bail Clerk any unclear documentation that may impact the inmate’s eligibility for release.
- The Intake Supervisor consults with the Supervisor of Intake/Classification, or, in his/her absence, the Director of Intake/Classification to attempt to resolve any disagreement or uncertainty with the legality of the release of an inmate.
- The Intake Supervisor or the Director of Intake/Classification orders the continued custody of an inmate whose appropriateness for release remains unclear.
- The Bail Clerk confirms that the depositor has all of the funds.
- The Bail Clerk signs the mittimus accepting bail that allows the inmate to be released from that particular mittimus. Previously issued court dates for any other mittimus will be honored.
- The Intake staff or Supervisor holds bailed inmates at the WCC who have an ordered condition of bail for ELMO (electronic monitoring program). The Intake staff or Supervisor arrange to have the inmate with ELMO transported to court Monday – Friday to the Probation Department. A copy of the mittimus will be provided to the Probation Department.
- No public member who has an active restraining order against the inmate may receive the releasing inmate.
NOTE: Any inmate who is being released may pick-up any money remaining in their account at the Inmate Accounts window in the Public Lobby during normal business hours – Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 12:00PM / 1:00PM to 3:00PM (subject to change.)