In an ongoing effort to curtail any possible introduction of contraband from the outside/public, the following policy & procedures have been approved for the Main Institution:
- Property will not be released to an outside person who cannot produce appropriate picture identification. Identification will be copied for official Hampden County Sheriff’s Department use.
- Inmate property is released to an outside person only at the Visitors Information Desk in the Visitor’s Public Lobby on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays between the hours of 10:00AM to 2:30PM, and by appointment between the hours of 6:30PM to 7:30PM. Any property with substantial value can only be picked up during the 10:00AM to 2:30PM time period.
- An inmate may only exchange or receive clothing for a court appearance once every six (6) months
- An inmate must complete an Inmate Request Form specifically identifying what articles of clothing are to be received or exchanged for court appearances. The form must also state the name of the outside person providing the incoming property. That person must sign the exchange property sheet under the pains of possible prosecution for introducing contraband into the institution.
- The exchange or receipt of articles of clothing for court occurs only on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays between 10:00AM – 2:30PM, and must be exchanged at least one (1) week prior to the court date.
- All incoming property will be placed in a secure search bag at the public lobby and removed to the property room for inspection before being added to the inmate’s property/garment bag.
NOTE: All incoming property will be searched by Property Room staff and/or security staff, including K-9.
- La Persona que conduzca el intercambio de propiedad tiene que tener identificación válida.
- Solamente se harán intercambios de propiedad de: 10:30AM – 2:30PM, Martes – Miércoles – Jueves
- Podrá hacer intercambio de propiedad 1 vez cada 6 meses.
- Intercambios se tienen que hacer por lo menos una semana de anticipación previa al día de corte.
NOTA : Todos los bienes entrante será inspeccionado por personal de la sala de la propiedad y/o personal de seguridad, incluyendo K -9.